Remember to take time to enjoy all the wonderful people in your life....Life is short !
"I LOVE YOU, I BELIEVE IN YOU", "YOUR SPECIAL".
you like to hear these words said to you? You can !
When you take the time to express love and kindness in word and deed to others, it surely is given back to you.
Here are 12 short stories and good
lessons, all will make you think twice about the daily happenings in our lives as we deal with others !!
1. Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper I'm working on for my Psychology class.
When I asked her to define success in her own words, she said, success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile."
2. Today, I asked my mentor- a very successful business man in his 70s- what his top 3 tips
are for success. He smiled and said, "Read something no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and do something no one else is doing".
3. Today, after my 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran
up to me at the grocery store and gave me a hug. When I tensed up, she realized I didn't recognize her. She let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the most sincere smile and said, "On 9-11-2001, you carried me out of the World Trade Center."
4. Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. And just before he died, he licked the tears off my face.
5. Today at 7am, I woke up
feeling ill, but decided I needed the money, so I went into work. At 3pm I got laid off. On my drive home I got a flat tire. When I went into the trunk for the spare, it was flat too.
A man in a BMW pulled over, gave me a ride, we
chatted, and then he offered me a job, I start tomorrow.
6. Today, as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around my mother's hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before she died. She simply
said, "I feel so loved right now. We should have gotten together like this more often."
7. Today I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in the hospital. About 5 seconds after he passed, I realized it was the
first time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.
8. Today, in the cutest voice, my 8 year old daughter asked me to start recycling. I chuckled and asked, "Why?" She replied, So you can help me save the
planet." I chuckled again and asked, "And why do you want to save the planet?" She said, because that's where I keep all my stuff !.
9. Today, when I witnessed a 27year old breast cancer patient laughing hysterically
at her 2 year old daughter's antics, I suddenly realized that I need to stop complaining about my life and start celebrating it again.
10. Today, a boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately struggling on crutches with my broken leg
and offered to carry my backpack and books for me. He helped me all the way across campus to my class and as he was leaving he said, "I hope you feel better soon"
11 Today, I was feeling down because the results of a biopsy
came back malignant. When I got home, I opened an e-mail that said, "Thinking of you today. If you need me, I'm a phone call away. It was from a high school friend I hadn't seen in 10 years.
12. Today, I was traveling
in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe. He said he hadn't eaten anything in over 3 days and looked exremely skinny and unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the sandwich he was eatiang. The first thing the man said was, "We
can share it."
Te best sermons are lived, not preached.
I am glad I have you to send these to.
They are worth passing on...hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
"I have set my rainbows in the
clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth"...... Genesis 9:13
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose" Theodore Roosevelt
"Don't forget kindness and truth, wear them like a necklace,
write them on your heart as if on a tablet." Proverbs 3:3
"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in them." Psalm 118:24