This veggie has many things to aid your health and your day !
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day,
just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3,
Vitamin B5,Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron,
Magnesium, Phosphorus,Potassium and Zinc.
Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the carbinated soda
and pick up a cucumber.? Cucumbers are a good source of
B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick
pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a
shower?? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror,
It will eliminate the fog and providea soothing, spa-like fragrance
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds?? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of
pests all seasonlong.? The chemicals in
the cucumber react
with the aluminum to give offa scent undetectable to humans
but drive garden pests crazy and makethem flee
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going
outor to the pool?? Try rubbing a
slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite.? Works great on wrinkles
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache?? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and
wake up refreshed and headache free.? Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking
have been used for centuries and often used by
European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and
you realize that you don't have enough time to polish your shoes?? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals
will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and
need to fix a squeaky hinge?? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and viola, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa?? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water,the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber with react with theboiling water and be released in the
steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum
or mints?? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your
mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the
phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible
causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel?? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on
the surface you want to clean,
not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won't leave streaks and won't harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made
a mistake?? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate he walls!!
I plan on trying some of these great tips..
"This is the day
the Lord has made, I shall rejoice and be
glad in it..." Psalm
Orliginaly posted Aug.