Clue #1: How many elderly relatives are on your family tree?
What it may mean: You may have longevity genes.
Clue #2: How fast and how far can you walk?
What it may mean:
You're in good condition for the long haul.
Clue #3: Do you have a lot of people in your life?
What it may mean: Social engagement is a key lifespan-extender.
Clue #4: Are you a woman?
it may mean: Odds are more in your favor from the start.
Clue #5 (for women only): Did you have a child after age 35?
What it may mean: This is possible evidence that you're a slow ager.
#6: When were you born?
What it may mean: Growing lifespans give younger people an edge.
Clue #7: Do you worry -- but not too much?
What it may mean: There's a "healthy" worry level.
Clue #8: Is your weight normal -- or are you only slightly overweight?
What it may mean: You have better odds of reaching 100 than if you were obese.
Clue # 9: How long are your telomeres?
it may mean: Many people who live to 100 have a hyperactive version of an enzyme that rebuilds telomeres.
Clue #10: Are you a positive person?
What it may mean: Emotion influences health, which influences
The above is good information... now to lighten up
Keep humor a priority in your daily routine...the saying is we need to laugh heartily at least 12 times a day.. I hope the following will help you get started....
'TOUNGE IN CHEEK ' HEALTH MESSAGE'.....
As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly
realized that I don't really give a rat's hiney. It's the tortoise life for me.
1. If walking is good for your
health, the postman would be immortal.
2. A whale swims all day, eats only fish, drinks water, and is fat.
3. A rabbit runs and hops and lives only 5 years.
4. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 150 years.
And you tell me to exercise? I don't think so.
5. I'm retired. Go around me.
6. God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Now that I'm older, I've discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days, you're
the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It's hard to make a comeback
when you haven't been anywhere.
13. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
15. When I'm finally holding all the
cards, why does everyone want to play chess?
16. It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter.
somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm hereafter.
19. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
20. DID I TELL YOU THIS BEFORE??? HA HA ,
(not my photo) A silly bird, to make you smile...
"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.