I previously posted an article called "Great Lesson on Stress"...it seems appropriate to post this article again. Spring will bring the joy of flowers and warmer weather..it also brings on many tasks, such as TAXES, yard clean up, planting..etc.
Unfortunately many people experience way too much stress during this time.. Take time to look forward with a positive outlook...If your a person that... or knows someone that is carrying a burden of stress, check out these suggestions.
Every past year is one of many changes, and filled with concerns for our health care, jobs, stormy weather events and so on. Some of these, we can work to change for the better other things may not be in our control.
The important thing is how we carry or handle the stress.
A GREAT LESSON ON STRESS.
A young lady confidently walked around the room with a raised glass of water while leading a seminar and explaining stress management
to her audience. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'Half empty or half full?' She fooled them all. "How heavy is this glass of water?" she inquired with a smile. Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have a ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a
day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes".
She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later,
as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on.
"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress
longer and better each time practiced.
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Pick them up again tomorrow if you must...
Next...some truth and some humorous ways to look at life.
* Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days your're the
* Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
* Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
* Drive carefully...it's not only cars that can be
recalled by their maker.
* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
* It may be that your sole purpose in life is
simply to serve as a warning to others.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
everythings coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
* Birthdays are good for you. The more you have the longer you live.
* We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty
and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
* A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
* Save the earth...it's the only planet with chocolate!
Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the
floor each morning the devil says...
"Oh nuts, he or she is up!"
Continue to read below about some remedies...to help you in the new year !!!